What is CIL?
The Center for Independent Living of Northwest Florida is a consumer-controlled, community-based, cross-disability, nonresidential private non-profit agency that is designed and operated within a local community by individuals with disabilities and provides an array of independent living services.
Our goal is to secure for all people with disabilities the opportunity to choose and realize their goals of where and how they live, learn, work and play. Also to assure that the consumer has optimal control over all their services and options.
You are not charged for our five core services.
Center for Independent Living of Northwest Florida promotes, educates, facilitates, assists and advocates with and on behalf of people with disabilities, in partnership with their communities, to achieve their goals of independence.
Center for Independent Living of Northwest Florida envisions a world where people with disabilities have freedom, choice, and control over all aspects of their lives, so they can fully and equally participate in society
Funding is Provided by:
- Department of Health and Human Services-Administration for Community Living
- Florida Department of Education – Division of Vocational Rehabilitation
- Southeast ADA Center as part of The Florida ADA Leadership Network
- Florida Alliance for Assistive Services and Technology (FAAST)
- Local Businesses, Private and Individual Donations